This Debut NVQ advanced course is designed for people wanting to develop practical teaching skills. This qualification will lead to direct employment as a teacher in the further education sector. This course offers flexible study whilst achieving a worldwide recognised qualification.
There are no formal prerequisite qualifications you will need prior to undertaking this qualification, other than being certified in the vocations you wish to teach.
The qualification is specifically designed for the 19+ age group, and will equip a wide range of teachers / trainers and facilitators with the requisite skills and knowledge required to fulfil a teaching role. This qualification provides a sound introduction to teaching / training and is suitable for both experienced practitioners who would like to secure a professionally recognised qualification as well as those new to teaching.
What is covered on this qualification?
- Delivering Education and Training
- Assessing Learners in Education and Training
- Manage Learning and Development in Groups
- Understanding Roles, Responsibilities and Relationships in Education and Training
- Using Resources for Education and Training
- Planning to Meet the Needs of Learners in Education and Training
- Equality and Diversity
In addition this qualification will also cover:
- Assessment and use of resources
- Teaching delivery skills
- Microteaching Sessions
- Evaluation skills and techniques
How will my NVQ be assessed?
- Through a range of classroom work activities
- Through completion of theory tasks and work study packs
- Through completion of microteaching assessments
- Through completion of written assignments
- Group work activities
What could I do once I qualify?
- Undertake further study such as Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training
What else will I be expected to complete?
- Arrange your own work experience at a college or academy
(approximately 30 hours to be completed over the course programme)