This Debut NVQ advanced course is designed for people wanting to enter the professional beauty industry. This qualification will provide basic knowledge and skills for learners to work at a higher level in a salon. This condensed course provides the learner with the advantage of qualifying within a short period, gaining employment within the marketplace and earning sooner. This course offers flexible study whilst achieving a worldwide recognised qualification.
The modules you will study are:
- N6 Enhance and Maintain Nails using UV Gel – To enhance, maintain, repair and remove nails using UV gel, on the hands and feet including application of nail enhancements to cosmetically improve or camouflage nails using sculpting techniques, tip application and coloured UV gels.
- N7 Enhance and Maintain Nails using Liquid and Powder – To provide services to enhance, maintain, repair and remove nails on the hands and feet, using liquid and powder.
- N8 Enhance and Maintain Nails using Wraps – Understanding providing enhancing, maintaining, repairing and removing nails on the hands and feet using wraps. You will also learn about preparation of wrap overlays to the natural nail and tips to extend and cosmetically improve the nail.
- N9 Plan and Create Nail Art Designs – Understanding planning and creation of nail art designs to suit the client and occasion using a wide range of nail art products. You will learn about 3D designs, embedding, colour blending, marbling, painting and alternative tip shapes. You will produce a mood board and the finished nails will be photographed.
- N10 Create a Range of Nail Images – Research, plan and create a range of nail images, evaluate your results and decide how it can be adapted and used in commercial use.
- N11 Plan & Prepare Airbrush Designs for Nails – This unit includes consulting, planning, designing & creating designs to the client’s needs. To use complex linear designs which can use contouring, stencilling, blending and colour fading.
- G22 Develop and Maintain Effectiveness at Work – Identifying hazards, evaluating, reporting, reducing risks and how to deal with them, extending beyond salon staff to those entering the business, clients, suppliers, contract cleaners etc. Ensuring statutory and workplace instructions are carried out.
- H32 Contribute to the Planning and Implementation of Promotional Activities – Keeping pace with new developments and encouraging clients to take an interest in them. Having the ability to competently present information and interact with the public whilst demonstrating skills. Making clients aware of what is available and helping a salon to survive and thrive in a competitive marketplace.
In addition this qualification will also cover:
- Contra-indications and contra-actions
- Benefits of products, disposal of waste products
- Observation of hygiene and safety practices
- Anatomy and Physiology of the body
- Pre-treatment and aftercare advice, client consultation
- Organisational and legal requirements and record keeping
- Educational visits related to the Beauty Industry
- Workshops in Customer Service, Study Skills and Planning your Career Path
How will my NVQ be assessed?
- Through a range of classroom work activities
- Through completion of theory tasks and work study packs
- Through completion of practical treatment assessments
- Through completion of written assignments
- Through multiple choice exams
- Group work activities
You will receive
- An advanced understanding of VTCT Level 3 Nail Services
- Use of all equipment and products whilst in class
- Unit Achievement Certificates for each specific full module completed
- Diploma enrichment course opportunities to complement your qualification (certification fee and case studies may apply)
- A Qualification Log Book, Personal Folder, bespoke Learner Workbooks for all modules and an individual email account
- An Advice and Guidance Session/Induction prior to commencement
- A detailed timetable of study and learning
- Functional Skills Maths & English embedded throughout the qualification, GCSE resits or Functional Skills qualifications included (if applicable)
- Work experience opportunities to gain salon working experience for your CVli>
- Careers and course progression advice
- Knowledge based workshops in Health & Safety, Safeguarding, Equality & Diversity, PREVENT, Fundamental British Values, E-Safety & Self-Motivation
What could I do once I qualify?
- Study an additional Level 3 course in a different area in beauty or progress onto an advanced Level 4 course (such as Salon Management)
- Progress into a work based apprenticeship studying a further level 3 qualification
- Potential self-employment as a nail technician
- Potential employment within a salon as a Senior Therapist or Manager
- Employment as a nail technician on a cruise liner, health spa or leisure centre
- Employment as a Beauty Assessor (Tutor)
What else will I be expected to complete?
- Arrange your own work experience at a local salon.
(approximately 30 hours to be completed over the course programme)