This Debut NVQ course is designed for people wanting to enter the professional beauty industry or gain a starting point qualification to progress into an apprenticeship placement. . This qualification will provide basic knowledge and skills for candidates to work at a junior level in a salon. This condensed course provides the learner with the advantage of qualifying within a short period, gaining employment in the marketplace and earning sooner. This part time course offers flexible study whilst achieving a worldwide recognised qualification. We employ Assessors who are also working therapists and have years of experience and knowledge in this field.
A uniform must be worn at all times during this course, which can be purchased from us new, a pre-used item or loan item. Uniform includes black tailored trousers, closed in black pumps. Long hair secured back or up in bun, bare nails (no acrylics or varnish), minimum jewellery and make up.
Whilst in the training room, all equipment and products are provided by Debut. Some products and equipment will be required when students are required to practice their treatments at home as part of home study or case studies.
You will learn the following elements, which are delivered in 10 modules:
- (N2) Provide Manicure Services – understanding manicure techniques, products & services, massage techniques, using tools, improving skin & nails
- (N3) Provide Pedicure Services – understanding pedicure techniques, products & services, using tools
- (B4) Provide Facial Skincare Treatments – first steps to learning massage and luxury facial treatments
- (B5) Enhance the Appearance of the Lashes and Brows – tinting brows & lashes, strip lashes, cluster lashes and shaping brows
- (B6) Carry out Waxing Services – half leg, full leg, bikini line, chin, upper lip and eyebrow wax treatments
- (B8) Provide Make Up Services – application of day, evening and special occasion make-up, consult for make-up
- (G4) Fulfil Salon Reception Duties – handling enquiries/appointments, maintaining reception area, dealing with payments, stock control, client records, communication records
- (G8) Develop and Maintain Effectiveness at Work – improving personal performance, working as a team, understanding roles, procedures & targets.
- (G18) Promote Additional Services or Products – identifying products & services available, gaining client commitment using products and services
- (G20) Ensure Responsibility to Reduce Risks to Health & Safety – identifying hazards, evaluating, reporting and reducing risks
In addition this qualification will also cover:
- Contra-indications and contra-actions
- Keeping records
- Benefits of products, disposal of waste products
- Observation of hygiene and safety practices
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Pre-treatment and aftercare advice, client consultation
- Organisational and legal requirements
You will receive:
- An advanced understanding of VTCT NVQ Level 2 Beauty Therapy
- Use of all equipment and products whilst in class
- Unit Achievement Certificates for each specific full module completed
- Diploma enrichment course opportunities to compliment your qualification (certification fee and case studies may apply)
- A Qualification Log Book, Personal Folder, bespoke Learner Workbooks for all modules and an individual email account
- An Advice and Guidance Session/Induction prior to commencement
- A detailed timetable of study and learning
- Functional skills Maths and English embedded throughout the qualification, GCSE resits or Functional Skills qualifications included (if applicable)
- Work experience opportunities to gain salon working experience for your CV
- Careers and course progression advice
How long will it take?
- 2-3 days a week spread over approx. 22-28 weeks (condensed course format).
- A roll-on, roll-off learning scheme is adopted (starting course at next available module, completing all 10 modules)
60-70 hours working from home.
- Pre-scheduled assessment weeks, exam weeks, review weeks clearly timetabled.