This Debut NVQ advanced course is designed for people wanting to enter the professional beauty industry. This qualification will confirm your competence for employment as a reflexologist in a salon and allow you to gain insurance. This condensed course provides the learner with the advantage of qualifying within a short period, gaining employment within the marketplace and earning sooner. This course offers flexible study whilst achieving a worldwide recognised qualification.
Throughout this qualification you will develop your knowledge and understanding of relevant anatomy and physiology, health and safety, and client care. You will also develop a range of technical skills enabling you to use reflexology techniques for relaxation and to promote self healing for your clients. You will also develop interpersonal skills that will assist you to communicate effectively with clients.
What is covered on this qualification?
- Business practice for complementary therapies
- Principles and practice of complementary therapies
- Knowledge of anatomy, physiology and pathology for complimentary therapies
- Provide reflexology for complementary therapies
In addition this qualification will also cover:
- Contra-indications and contra-actions
- Benefits of products, disposal of waste products
- Observation of hygiene and safety practices
- Anatomy and Physiology of the body (14 Body Systems)
- Client consultation and aftercare advise
- Organisational and legal requirements and record keeping
- Workshops in Customer Service, Study Skills and Planning your Career Path
How will my NVQ be assessed?
- Through a range of classroom work activities
- Through completion of theory tasks and work study packs
- Through completion of practical treatment assessments
- Through completion of written assignments
- Through completion of case studies
- Through multiple choice exams
- Group work activities
What could I do once I qualify?
- Study an additional Level 3 course in a different area in beauty or progress onto an advanced Level 4 course
- Progress into a work based apprenticeship studying a further level 3 qualification
- Working independently / self-employment / mobile / home based setting
- Working in a commercial spa or salon
- Working in commercial complementary therapy clinics
- Working in NHS in hospitals and care homes
- Employment as a reflexologist on a cruise liner, health spa or leisure centre
What else will I be expected to complete?
- Arrange your own work experience at a local salon (approximately 30 hours to be completed over the course programme)
- Complete 100 hours of case studies