This Debut NVQ course is designed for people wanting to progress within the professional beautician industry. The qualification will provide an advanced knowledge and skills for candidates to work at a senior level in a salon. Debut’s Diploma Body massage course is designed for anyone wishing to begin their career as a massage therapist. Massage is used in a number of treatments such as manicure, pedicure and in facials and is very popular in salons. Body massage allows you to relax your client, it can reduce tension and fatigue, and can be good for circulation and skin tone. This condensed course provides the learner with the advantage of qualifying within a short period, gaining employment in the marketplace and earning sooner. This part time course offers flexible study whilst achieving a worldwide recognised qualification. We employ Assessors who are also working therapists and have years of experience and knowledge in this field.
A uniform must be worn at all times during this course, which can be purchased from us new, a pre-used item or loan item. Uniform includes black tailored trousers, closed in black pumps. Long hair secured back or up in bun, bare nails (no acrylics or varnish), minimum jewellery and make up.
Whilst in the training room, all equipment and products are provided by Debut. Some products and equipment will be required when students are required to practice their treatments at home as part of home study or case studies. Please see our beauty kit link on the home page for more information.
You will learn the following elements, which are delivered in 9 modules:
- (B20) Provide Body Massage – understanding the skills involved in providing head and body massage treatments, covering manual massage of the head and body as well as mechanical body massage.
- (B28) Provide Stone Therapy Treatments – understanding the skills involved in providing hot and cold stone therapy treatments, covering both the massage and the placing of stones on he head, face and body.
- (B23) Provide Indian Head Massage – understanding the ability to adapt massage techniques to suit individual client needs, performing indian head massages with or without oils.
- (B24) Provide Aromatherapy Treatments – understanding the ability to adapt the use of pre-blended oils and massage techniques to suit individual client needs, including preparation of client before treatment takes place.
- (B15) Provide Semi Permanent Eyelash Treatments – providing eyelash treatments involving the use of single eyelashes, attaching, maintaining and removal as well as aftercare advice.
- (B25) Provide Self-Tanning Treatments – understanding the techniques to provide tanning via self-tan cream and spray tan liquid applications.
(B26)Provide Female Intimate Waxing Services– understanding the procedures to remove hair from intimate areas using various waxing techniques such as Hollywood, Brazilian, Shaping and Playboy.
This module is only offered if a learner already has B25 or B15 prior. It is also essential that the learner has completed B6 waxing under level 2 beauty.
- (H32) Contribute to the planning and implementation of promotional activities – keeping pace with new developments and encouraging clients to take an interest in them. Having the ability to competently present information and interact with the public whilst demonstrating skills. Making clients aware of what is available and helping a salon to survive and thrive in a competitive marketplace.
- (G8) Develop and Maintain Effectiveness at Work – taking responsibility for improving your own performance at work and working well with your colleagues, making a positive contribution to the overall effectiveness of your salon.
- (G22) Monitor Procedures to safely control work operations – identifying hazards, evaluating, reporting, reducing risks and how to deal with them, extending beyond salon staff to those entering the business, clients, suppliers, contract cleaners etc. Ensuring statutory and workplace instructions are carried out.
In addition this qualification will also cover:
- Contra-indications and contra-actions
- Keeping records
- Benefits of products, disposal of waste products
- Observation of hygiene and safety practices
- Anatomy and Physiology of the body
- Swedish Massage Routine
- Pre-treatment and aftercare advice, client consultation
- Organisational and legal requirements
You will receive:
- An advanced understanding of VTCT Level 3 Beauty Therapy
- Use of all equipment and products whilst in class
- Unit Achievement Certificates for each specific full module completed
- Diploma enrichment course opportunities to complement your qualification (certification fee and case studies may apply)
- A Qualification Log Book, Personal Folder, bespoke Learner Workbooks for all modules and an individual email account
- An Advice and Guidance Session/Induction prior to commencement
- A detailed timetable of study and learning
- Functional Skills Maths & English embedded throughout the qualification, GCSE resits or Functional Skills qualifications included (if applicable)
- Work experience opportunities to gain salon working experience for your CVli>
- Careers and course progression advice
- Knowledge based workshops in Health & Safety, Safeguarding, Equality & Diversity, PREVENT, Fundamental British Values, E-Safety & Self-Motivation
What could I do once I qualify?
- Study an additional Level 3 course in a different area in beauty or progress onto an advanced Level 4 course (such as Salon Management)
- Progress into a work based apprenticeship studying a further level 3 qualification
- Potential self-employment as a beauty therapist
- Potential employment within a salon as a Senior Therapist or Manager
- Employment as a beauty therapist on a cruise liner, health spa or leisure centre
- Employment as a Beauty Assessor (Tutor)
What else will I be expected to complete?
- Arrange your own work experience at a local salon.
(approximately 30 hours to be completed over the course programme)